- Do you have great people with impressive technical skills who don’t easily make the transition to being leaders? In growing businesses, management and leadership skills often don’t keep up with technical and product knowledge.
- Is giving presentations one of the top fears of your staff? Whether it’s presenting reports, giving client presentations, or just sharing ideas in team meetings, many people find that they are nervous about standing up in front of others.
- Are your leaders challenged by giving essential feedback and having those difficult conversations? Rehearsing and being coached on how to get the message across makes more confident and effective managers.
- Do you wish that your well thought out training models would actually stick and be practiced by your staff? Information is critical, but learning is most effective when it is experiential, allowing for different types of learners.
- Are your videos and e-learning modules less effective than you intended? Professional corporate actors can demonstrate the finer points of how non-verbal skills: body language and vocal tone can make an impact.
Why choose Peers and Players?
Our mission is to support HR and Learning and Development programs with on-site sessions, designed for your unique business and staff challenges. We support people to communicate more effectively at work, giving practical feedback and coaching to enhance authenticity and personal impact. Corporate actors are not expert at technical skills! The focus is always on how to improve confidence, learn useful skills and techniques and achieve positive outcomes at work.
Peers and Players has provided professional talent, improv actors and training experts for on-site leadership assessment and training programs globally since 1998. With experience across a range of industries and businesses, our corporate actors and organizational psychologists deliver lasting change. Clients worldwide report consistent training across multiple regions and employee levels. Our clients keep coming back because we offer a superior level of professional training.
How do we get consistent results?
Our team is all professional performers with business and coaching experience. We focus on being the supporting actors and making participants the star. We live and work in your region, bringing cultural sensitivity and avoiding International travel expenses. See where we are, worldwide.
- Improving Workplace Communication – for happier, more productive staff
- Empowering people in Presentations – for confidence and impact
- Practicing listening and closing skills for Sales Professionals – for increased sales results.
- Giving effective Feedback – to empower and improve performance
- Demonstrating effective communication for Conferences – to bring your message to life.
- Acting and directing in e-learning videos – for professional training results
The actor was professional, friendly and well-prepared. I particularly appreciated his arriving early.
Lisa was helpful and prompt to reply with all inquiries.
We received committed support from 4 actors who took great care to understand our client’s needs and worked to refine and maximise the value of their talents in front of manager audiences. In addition to this, the office support from P+P was outstanding, working through a weekend across a multitude of time zones to make the client project possible. We would not hesitate to use P+P again!
– Damian Welch
We have worked with actor/coaches for a long time in the UK and had been searching for some time for a quality provider in Australia when I came across Peers and Players. I have now worked with them twice, and have been extremely impressed with their work. Lisa put a lot of effort into understanding what we were looking for, and the actor/trainers have a great mix of acting and business knowledge, combined with great skill in connecting with the group. From someone who has worked with a lot of similar organisations, I highly recommend Peers and Players as a market leader.
– John Bull
Whitelion has been generously supported by Peers and Players over the past three years to bring to life our national fundraising event ‘Bail Out’ in NSW, S.A, and TAS. Whilst being a very fun and theatrical experience, the Whitelion Bail Out has a serious side to it and that is conveying the importance of the work we do with at-risk youth. This is done through storytelling and the portrayal of key characters that are an integral part of the Bail Out event. The Peers and Players actors that we have used for this national event have excelled at portraying key characters and engaging our audiences. We look forward to welcoming back the experienced and highly professional actors as prisoners, wardens, police officers and legal staff at next year’s event and highly recommend them to any organisation looking to bring an authenticity to their engagement and communications.
We received excellent feedback from the participants of our leadership program whose role played various people in leadership scenarios with actors. For them, it was useful to have the opportunity to do the role play with the actors as it meant they took it much more seriously, had a much more authentic experience and therefore were really able to apply what they learned.
With 300 partners and 4,000 people delivering services from 14 offices, KPMG is a leading provider of Audit, Tax and Advisory services in Australia. In several of our Learning & Development programs, KPMG uses professional actors from Peers and Players to play roles in simulated meetings. Peers and Players has been involved with KPMG since 1998 and we draw on a pool of about 15 actors for the various programs. In each program and for each role the actors have a defined brief which provides the character information and outlines the script the actors should follow during the simulated meeting. KPMG has found that because the actors are well prepared and know their brief well, they are also effective at ad-libbing where appropriate. In addition to acting out the role, the actors provide feedback to the participants they interact with, and their feedback has been well received by participants. Overall, the involvement of the actors enhances the credibility of the role plays and improves the learning experience for participants. These L&D programs are among KPMG’s most popular programs and in post-course evaluations, many participants comment that the inclusion of actors is highly beneficial in creating a ‘real life’ feeling to the exercises.